Safari Chocolate Banana Cake
Vegan, moist, gluten-free banana loaf with Future, Power blend.
Ingredients (Bowl One)
- 200g (around three) ripe bananas
- 80g coconut sugar
- 70ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 100ml plant milk
- 1sp apple cider vinegar
Ingredients (Bowl Two)
- 250g self-raising flour (we use Dove Farm GF)
- 50g almond flour (or sieved ground almonds)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Future by Supernova POWER Blend
- 80ml boiling water
- Vegan chocolate chips / grated chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 185F and line or grease a loaf tin
- First add the vinegar to the milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mash the bananas and in a bowl mix the ingredients in Bowl One above, add the milk and vinegar mix.
- In another bowl mix the ingredients in Bowl Two (EXCEPT the Supernova Power Blend and water)
- Add 1/3 of the dry mixture (Bowl Two) to the wet mixture (Bowl One) and mix it in. Add the rest of the mixture one tablespoon at a time, until it’s a stiff batter mixture.
- Divide the batter into two bowls
- For the chocolate batter, add the Supernova Powder Blend and a little water to loosen it up. I like to add a little chocolate chips here too.
- Pour the beige batter into the loaf tin. You can now either spoon the chocolate batter into parts of the batter, or I like to pop it into a piping bag and ‘inject’ it into the batter for random chocolate parts all over. When it’s cut it looks like a giraffe or cheetah print!
- Cover the top with more chocolate chips
- Place in the oven for 55-60 minutes, check with a knife from the centre of the loaf for it to come out clean.
- Leave it to cool for 10 minutes before taking it out of the loaf tin.